HASTINGS INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT
Hastings Invitational (Mini Golf) Tournament (HIT) 2006
* BMGA record
1. The Hastings Invitational Tournament will be played throughout the calendar year of 2006 until seven clear days before presentation of the trophies. These will be for the best Junior and best Adult Player. Presentations will take place on (tbc) at the end of the competition.
2. Participation will be for Planet Hastings Crazy Golf Club (PHCGC) members only. Matches will take place throughout this period on dates arranged to suit participants.
3. Standard BMGA rules of the sport (available on request) will apply and as they currently apply to the relevant courses, except where outlined below.
4. Special note: For the purpose of this competition 'round' means 18 holes played on any one course whilst 'quad' means a cycle of four rounds played on four separate courses (see below).
5. This year the winners will be the persons (according to the above categories) who each complete the lowest stroke-scored quad, with each quad consisting of four rounds played on one each of the Hastings courses. Quads (as distinct from rounds) need not necessarily be completed on the same day or with the same players but each player must complete each quad consecutively and no player may begin a new quad until their previous quad is either completed or abandoned in writing, (slips available if required). In other words a player cannot participate in more than one cycle of four rounds in any period and no round score can count towards more than one quad. Dates of rounds must be clearly recorded on score sheets, (also available).
6. Junior members are those who were 18 or under on the first day of 2006.
7. The only allowable courses are in Hastings this year.
8. All rounds are stroke-play only.
9. Players should play in groups of either two or three and it is advisable that more than one match is played whenever possible.
10. A minimum of two unrelated players, or three if one is a Junior, may play. This is for ease of organisation and to assist with objectivity. Non-members do not count, (see weather rule).
11. A minimum of one quad of four rounds has to be played for a qualifying score to count towards the trophies. Team selection for other competitions will be decided and announced by the Emperor (Ted McIver) in advance of team competitions.
12. Attendance: Any Planet Hastings member can arrange a match, which must be open. Whenever two or more are gathered together they can arrange a match as long as all parties are in agreement.
13. If a participating player is unable to turn up for a round of the competition at the agreed time, they must inform all the other participants as soon as is reasonably possible in advance.
14. Any player failing to turn up for a round of the Tournament within 15 minutes of the agreed start time will automatically be awarded a 3 stroke penalty if they then compete (and there will be an expectation that they stand a round of hot or cold drinks); but if they fail to compete at all, their existing quad is disqualified from the competition unless:
a) They have given all other participating players, by e-mail at least 24 hours notice of their late arrival or absence; or
b) They have given all other participating players, by telephone, at least three hours' notice of their late arrival or absence; or
c) There are genuine extenuating circumstances, which are accepted as such by all other participating players.
15. Failure to complete a round means a score of seven for each of the remaining holes.
16. There is no penalty for a player who turns up deciding not to play due to the weather - within reason! (In my mind, lightning is the only reason not to play but I'm sure others would encourage me to do so.)
17. As a further incentive, a prize or trophy will be awarded for the lowest scoring round occurring in any quad, throughout the entire competition.
Let the competition begin!
Good putting everyone.
2005 results 2004 results 2003 results 2002 results